As a student with approved accommodations for alternative textbooks, you will be able to request your textbooks in an alternative format. The Disability Access Center mainly provides three different formats for alternative textbooks: Audio (MP3), PDF, and Kurzweil 3000 format. Requests can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to process.
How do I request an Alternative Textbook?
To request your textbooks in an alternative format, follow these steps.
- Be approved for the alternative textbooks accommodation.
- Purchased the textbook for the class.
- Fill out the Request for Alternative Format of Textbooks at least 2 weeks before the start of the upcoming semester.
- Requests received after 2 weeks before the start of the semester are completed on a first come first serve basis. In some cases once the semester starts you may be asked to provide a copy of your course syllabus so that we may provide the chapters needed on a week by week basis.
- Requests received during the semester will also require a copy of your course syllabus as your book chapters will be completed 1 week before the next week of classes (i.e. week 3’s readings will be available mid-week during week 2). As time allows the Disability Access Center staff will complete the entirety of your textbook
- Requests can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks before the Disability Access Center can start providing Alternate Formats.