Commencement is our favorite time of year! We get to celebrate YOU, our graduates, and reward your hard work with a Purdue University diploma.
Commencement Dates and Participant Instructions for Spring 2017
Commencement ceremonies are held in May and December at both Hammond and Westville campuses.
- Hammond Campus – Friday, May 5, at 3:00 pm (***NEW TIME***) and Saturday, May 6, 2017, at 11:00 am and 3:00 pm
- Hammond Commencement Ceremony Information and Instructions
- Grad Expo dates and times: March 6 and 7, 10 am to 6 pm, SULB First Floor Concourse
- Westville Campus – Monday, May 8, 2017, at 3:00 pm (***NEW TIME***)
- Westville Commencement Ceremony Information and Instructions
- Grad Expo dates and times: March 8 and 9, 10 am to 6 pm, LSF 002 and Campus Bookstore
Important Steps for Candidates for Graduation – Start Here!
If you are planning to graduate, you must notify the Office of the Registrar of your intent to graduate when you are registering for your final course(s) of your degree program.
- Spring 2017 Candidates for Graduation: Declare your intent to graduate
- Summer 2017 Candidates for Graduation: Declare your intent to graduate
- Fall 2017 Candidates for Graduation: Declare your intent to graduate
Diploma Verification – Do this next!
Please tell us how you would like your name printed on your diploma and where it should be mailed if you are unavailable to pick it up from the Office of the Registrar.
- Spring 2017 Candidates for Graduation: Diploma Verification Survey
- Summer 2017 Candidates for Graduation: Diploma Verification Survey
- Fall 2017 Candidates for Graduation: Diploma Verification Survey
You will be notified when diplomas are available for pick up.
Grad Expos – Spring Candidates, mark your calendar!
For candidates participating in the Spring 2017 Commencement exercises, attend a Grad Expo to purchase your cap and gown, pick up your guest tickets, and get information on diploma frames, class rings, announcements, and more.
- Hammond Campus: March 6 and 7, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm in the Student Union Library Building (SULB) First Floor Concourse.
- Westville Campus: March 8 and 9, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm in LSF 002 and the Campus Bookstore.
Cap and Gown
In order to participate in commencement exercises, you must purchase your cap and gown from your campus bookstore no later than (Date: TBA). Be sure to sign the log (at the bookstore in Hammond or in Schwarz 40 in Westville) when you purchase your cap and gown, as the commencement participation list is generated from the information on this log. Retain your receipt. You will need it when you pick up your guest tickets for the ceremony.
All guests including children (infants and toddlers) must have a ticket in order to attend the commencement ceremony. Tickets are distributed at Graduation Expo events at both campuses. Participants who are unable to attend a Grad Expo can pick up their guest tickets by (Date: TBA) in the Enrollment Services Center located in Lawshe Hall Room 130 on the Hammond campus or in Schwarz 40 on the Westville campus. In order to receive your tickets, you must present the receipt from your cap and gown purchase.
Any tickets remaining for the Hammond commencements after (Date: TBA) will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning at 8:00 a.m. on (Date: TBA) in the Enrollment Services Center located in Lawshe Hall Room 130. Westville students will be contacted by email if there are any remaining tickets for the Westville commencement.
Please note the ceremony will be streamed “live” at www.pnw.edu/commencement-live and we will also have it streamed in The Room with a View in the Student Union Library Building on the Hammond campus or in LSF 002 on the Westville campus for those guests who were not able to obtain a ticket.
Candidates for Graduation and Guests Needing Special Assistance
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), any candidate or guest who might require special accommodations in order to participate in or attend the commencement ceremony should contact the Graduation Coordinator no later than (Date: TBA) to make appropriate arrangements.
- Hammond Campus – Noemi Elizalde at (219) 989-2334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Westville Campus – Greg Wireman (219) 785-5572 or email email@example.com
All specially seated guests must have an admission ticket, supplied by the candidate, to enter the commencement venue.
General Commencement Information and Helpful Links
- Academic Attire
- Conferring of Degrees in Commencement Ceremony
- Degree Requirements and Awarding Process
- International Students’ Families
- To request to have a degree awarded at another Purdue campus, download the Degree Awarded at Another Campus form. This form must be submitted to the Registrar of the student’s home campus prior to the end of the 6th week of the Fall or Spring term, or the 3rd week of the Summer session.