The survey was sent to 355 staff members included on the APSAC roster. 75 staff participated. 21% Response Rate
Preferred Communication Channel for presenting concerns to SLT via APSAC
- 41% – Email APSAC@PNW.EDU
- 32% – Contact APSAC Representative
- 20% – “Request Information” form
Vendor Discount Program – Perksconnect
Are you familiar with the Perksconnect Program?
- 57% – Yes
- 43% – No
How often have you used the program?
- 51% – Occasionally
- 49% – Never
Update – “APSAC was made aware that Perksconnect emails were going to PNW’s Spam Quarantine notification. West Lafayette has corrected the issue so that these emails will automatically go through.”
Presenting my concerns: Why I don’t….
- “A bit nervous”
- “I often feel that concerns presented by staff are not addressed and that SLT makes all their decisions without consulting us”
- “I strongly feel that it is a waste of time because it wouldn’t be taken into consideration & I feel as though my position isn’t respected by Sr. Admin”
- “It has been suggested to me by leadership in my department that I need to speak with them first concerning anything at the University level”
- “I’m not sure who to reach out to or what issues would be appropriate to present to the committee”
- “Not sure what type of concerns should be brought up, or when it is appropriate. I would normally just “ride the wave” & work around the issue”
- “There could be negative consequences when my name is attached to a concern (complaint). I prefer to stay positive”
Viewing Preference for lecture series:
- 78% (58) Streamed via WebEx at my desk
- 22% (16) View in a Reserved Room
Interested in attending an on-campus professional development opportunity?
- 79% (59) – Yes!
- 21% (21) – No!
Professional Development Ideas:
- Managerial tips
- Networking and collaboration
- Advanced training on university systems
- Leadership, motivational speakers
- Leadership, dealing with difficult people
- How to weigh the cost/benefit of traveling for professional development
- Student development theory
- Time management
- Workplace communications
- Finding a mentor
- Stress management
- Technology issues
- Networking, any other leadership topics
- Managing stress
- Training of various tech apps in workplace
- Overcoming odds and advancing yourself
- Managing change at PU
- Inclusion and cultural diversity
- Market investing
Feedback about how APSAC can better serve you:
- Better communication
- Professional development
- Be more vocal, visibility promoting West Lafayette changes
- HCM/Job family structure, Spousal coverage
Departmental and human resource concerns need to be addressed through the proper channels.
Congratulations to our Survey Winners!
Winners of a $50 PNW Bookstore Gift Certificate:
- Colleen Robison
- Nathanial Elizalde