April 12, 2019
Model Management Overview
Model Decision Flow
Roles and Responsibilities: Delineate decision authority
Collects data and conducts analysis to inform decisions. Presents recommendations to taskforce.
Budget Model Taskforce (UBAC)
Reviews the working groups recommendations.
Makes recommendations to the decision makers
Senior Leadership Team
Makes the final decisions
Meeting Quorum = 67%
Taskforce membership as of 4-12-2019 = 30
Quorum = 20 members in attendance
Decisions: 85% Agreement
- Respect people and the process
- Arrive prepared for the meeting
- Maintain an open mind about differences among units and the overall impact
- Recognize that, if it’s not good for student, it’s not good for PNW.
- Maintain an institutional perspective
Advance the university’s mission through a greater alignment between financial resources and university priorities.
Enhance the student learning experience and encourage interdisciplinary research and scholarship.
Feature incentives that promote entrepreneurship, innovation and collaboration within and across disciplines.
Provide a consistent and fair methodology for revenue and cost allocation that is simple and easy to understand.
Promote authority, responsibility, and accountability, both locally and university-wide.
Provide transparency, clarity and predictability.
Friday, May 17th 2PM – 4PM LSF 170A
- Working Group members are named.
- Revenues: State Appropriation allocation options.
- Costs: Preliminary methods to distribute the Service Centers cost pools.