Mail services is designed to deliver U.S. mail and campus mail to all departments and staff members. The service is established to deliver mail within a place of business.
Please fill out request form for any mail or packages being sent out. Print your Request form and attach to the mail or package and mail staff will pick up on the mail run. You are more than welcome to bring it down to us too.
Daily Mail Delivery
We do one mail run each day and stop at each department to drop off and pick-up mail.
Any outgoing mail not picked up on a mail run should be brought to Mail Services by 2:15 P.M. in order to be mailed out that day.
We do courier service to West Lafayette each day. Any interoffice mail can be sent to West Lafayette, Hammond/Westville and IPFW this way. We do not offer courier mail services to the IUPUI Campus.
- Please fill out the interoffice envelope completely. Use the person’s full name, department and building.
- On the line below that information, please write “COURIER” and indicate which campus you are sending it to.
- Please make sure you keep a copy of what you are sending.
NOTE: Boxes or heavy items cannot be sent through courier mail. Provide an account number and we can send UPS.
Stamps are available for purchase in Hammond and Westville Mailrooms and also in Westville Bursars Office (SWRZ 127).
- Contact the shipper and make sure the package was sent
- Find out if it was sent via United States Postal Service (USPS), Federal Express or United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Get the tracking number for the package
- If the package was sent via United Parcel Service (UPS), Westville contact ext. 5336, Hammond contact ext. 2458.
- If the package was sent via Federal Express or through the Postal Service, Westville contact ext. 5550, Hammond contact ext. 2458
Please contact us at Westville ext. 5550 or Hammond ext. 2458 so we can help you decide what is the best way to ship your package. The university has negotiated contracts with some of the carriers that can save you money. Depending on what you are sending and how quickly you need to get it there, we can help you decide what will work best for your needs. We do have a shipping form you will need to complete and you will also need to provide us with an account number to charge your shipment to.
If you have shipped packages through us before and you know what carrier you want and the type of service you want, please just fill out the proper form and bring it over with your packaged shipment.
It should be in Mail Services no later than 2:30 p.m. If the package is going to an international destination it may require extra time for processing.
Please contact us at least a day in advance if any domestic packages containing hazardous material like dry ice, chemicals, etc. will need to be shipped. We don’t need the package 24 hours in advance. We just need all the information so that it can be processed.
We don’t have packaging material for sale. We do our best to recycle shipping material like boxes, packaging peanuts and bubble wrap so we sometimes have those items available free to use. If you are in need of that material, you can contact us and see if we have some available. It is your responsibility to pack up whatever you are sending and get it ready to ship. We can also assist you in doing so in our area.
Mail Services should not be used for delivery of personal materials. All personal mail and packages should be addressed to the staff member’s home address.
University Services Building, Room 4
LSF Building, 001 C