September 20, 2017
Before I Die... Campaign
Write down reasons for living and making each day count!
Chinese Moon Festival Ticket Selling
American Red Cross Blood Drive - Hammond Campus
Come to donate blood or platelets from September 1 through September 30 and receive a coupon by email for a free haircut at participating Sport Clips Haircuts locations to help you look good and feel good.
In just an hour of your time, you can help save up to three lives. Schedule a blood donation appointment today at http://www.redcrossblood.org/ sponsor code "PNW-Hammond" or 1-800-RED-CROSS. Please remember to bring an ID.
Give Blood. Help Save Lives. Public Event
Hurricane Irma Donation Booth
Accepting donations for Hurricane Irma relief effort.
McNair Poster Board and Research Panel Discussions
Student Union Library Building, Hammond Campus
Concourse & A-Room-With-A-View (SULB 150D)
Poster Board Presentations (Concourse) - 10-11:30 a.m.:
- Steven M. Garza, Supermassive Black Holes and Dark Matter: Searching for an Unchartered Connection - Dr. Daniel Suson, Mentor
- Xochiti Gonzalez, Studies of Fungal Growth and Aflatoxin Production of Aspergillus flavus at Low Water Activity - Dr. Dawit Gizachew, Mentor
- Jonathan M. Hook, Attention Restoration in Simulated Nature - Dr. David Nalbone, Mentor
- Magdalena R. Madrigal, Examining Indiana's Medicaid Expansion Program, HIP 2.0 in Comparison to Traditional Medicaid under ACA - Dr. Frank Colussi, Mentor
- Yosef A. Maynie, Fluid Dynamics of Tsunami Waves - Dr. Neelesh Patankar, Mentor
- Christopher E. McGrady, Particle Physics Research through the Compact Moon Systems Experiment in the Large Hadron Collider - Dr. Neeti Parashar, Mentor
- Jessica R. McGuire, The Investigation of Intimate Partner Violence and its Relationship with Ambivalent Sexism and Social Media - Dr. Christabel Rogalin, Mentor
- Joshua E. Miranda, Evaluation of a Fast and Simple Sample Preparation Method for Polybrominated Diphenyl Ether (PBDE) Flame Retardants and Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) Pesticides in Fish for Analysis by ELISA Compared with GC - MS/MS. - Dr. Katherine Rowberg, Mentor
- Kyla N. Mitchell, Considering a Law Degree: Qualifications, Application Process and Future Prospects - Dr. Mita Choudhury, Mentor
- Ellis D. Moore, Renewable Biofuel Production via Electrocatalyic Hydrogenation with Studies of Lignin and Hydrogen Bonding - Dr. Ned Jackson (Michigan State University), Mentor
- Eric W. Taylor, An Examination of the Impact of Technology on the Accounting Profession - Dr. Songtao Mo, Mentor
- Jenna E. Zubik, The Effects of Cyberfullying Takes on Self Esteem - Dr. Gisele Casanova, Mentor
Lunch & Research Panel Discussions (A-Room-With-A-View) - 11:40 a.m. - 2 p.m.:
- Chemistry and Environmental Applications - Discussants: Xochitl Gonzalez, Joshua Miranda, Ellis Moore
- Pioneers of the Future - Discussants: Eric Taylor, Kyla Mitchell, Magdalena Madrigal
- Fundamental Physical Research - Discussants: Steven Garza, Christopher McGrady, Yosef Maynie
- Evolving Issues with Technology - Discussants: Jonathan Hook, Jessica McGuire, Jenna Zubik
Come play Wii games! (public)
Guaranteed Army Reserve Forces Duty Scholarship Information Session
This informational session will be covering the GRFD Scholarship including the requirements and benefits of applying for this scholarship and great opportunity!
Below are some of the basic requirements for those interested in applying. This session will go into greater detail and allow a connection with SFC Andrew Zolman who is looking for applicants for this great opportunity. SFC Zolman will be speaking on the reserves and information regarding this scholarship.
- 2 and 3 Year Scholarship’s
- Must SMP (USAR)
- Reserve after commission
- Pays Full tuition and Fees
- Must sustain a 2.5 GPA
- Must be academically aligned
- Non Deployable under SMP
Group Meeting / Leadership Meetings
starting January 28th, Group Meetings will occur every other week. On each off week, Leadership Meetings will occur that are for planning SWE events. Those who come to the Leadership Meetings typically are more involved and/ or are officers.
Black Student Union Meeting
National Society of Black Engineers General Body Meeting
General Body Meeting
Gamma Theta Kappa Informationals
Come join us to hear more about our fraternity.
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Meeting
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) meeting
Phi Xi Psi Study Day & Kahoot
Studying the constitution and taking a pre-test.