Department: Career Center
Campus: Hammond & Westville
Building: Student Union & Library Room: 349
- Master of Science in Education, Instructional Design Technology, Purdue University Calumet, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Cultural Anthropology, Ball State University, 1997
- 9 years of experience in Human Resource Management
- 10 years of experience in higher education as director of Career Development
- Certified Facilitator through Development Dimensions International (DDI) in Interactive Management for Exceptional Leaders
- At-Large, Board Member, IndianaINTERN.net 2019 to present
- At-Large, Board Member, Career Development Professionals of Indiana 2011-2014
- Board Member, Indiana Careers Consortium, 2009 to 2014
What path brought you here?
I spent 9 years in Human Resource Management before joining Purdue North Central in January of 2009. My HR experience was primarily recruiting recent college graduates (engineers and chemists) and interns. I have been the employer trying to recruit entry level talent, interns and co-ops.
What Do You Like Most About Working At The Career Center?
I love that I see young adults during the two most critical transitions in their life, starting college, and starting their professional career.
Quote you live by:
“What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Advice for Students:
Don’t be afraid to ask for help. You don’t know what you don’t know, and the only way you will learn is to seek out advice.
What is the most interesting job you ever had?
When I was in college I worked at a Pet and Garden Center in Muncie. I worked there for 3 years basically because I fell in love with a Moluccan Cockatoo. The bird loved me too! He would screech when I came into to work until I would put him on my shoulder. He was a big baby.