- This event has passed.
Celebration of Teaching Excellence
November 6, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Friday, November 6, 2020
1:00 – 2:30pm
Virtual via Zoom
(register to receive Zoom link)
Join your colleagues for a day of celebrating excellence in teaching at Purdue University Northwest!
The event will feature a “Bright Ideas: Teaching Techniques that Work!” session where faculty will highlight teaching techniques in 5-minute presentations. Faculty who completed the ACUE Course and the PIVOT program, and recipients of the TIP Award and the Outstanding Faculty Award for Teaching will also be recognized.
Bright Ideas: Teaching Techniques that Work!
- Mind blowing concept mapping with Mindmeister– Amanda Kratovil
- Thought-Provoking Ideas: Interesting & Funny! – Hassan Naji
- Zoom into Breakout Rooms for more Student Engagement – Debra Pratt
- 360 degrees communication during pandemic – Neeti Parashar
- Using Zoom Polls to gauge student learning – David Nalbone
- Getting to Know You: Using Video Introductions – Manisa Baker
- “Redundant” module use: maximizing student and instructor accessibility – Michelle Spaulding
- Be a WINNER! Use the Wheel of Names – David Pratt
- 15-minute Modality Mixups – Christina Ragan and Hubert Izienicki
To request a disability-related accommodation for this event, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at email@example.com or (219) 785-5545 five days prior to the event.