Inclusive Teaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom
Join your colleagues in learning more about how we can create learning environments that welcome and support the learning of ALL students. Enroll in the online course entitled “InclusiveTeaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom” being offered by Columbia University through edX.
The self-paced course runs 6 weeks (expect to spend 2-3 hours/week) and there is no cost to enroll. For full-time faculty* who wish to earn a verified certificate of completion, the $49 fee will be paid by the Center for Faculty Excellence. Enrolling to earn the certificate will also give you unlimited access to the course content.
If you wish to participate:
- Enroll in the course
- When registering, choose to “Audit” course. See below if you are interested in pursuing the verified track to earn a certificate.
- The course has ongoing enrollment and your 6 weeks of access starts the date you enroll.
- Anyone can enroll in the course for free.
- Let the Center know that you enrolled and if you’d like to pursue a certificate
- Full-time faculty and part-time faculty* can request to have the Center pay the fee to pursue a certificate using the link above.
- If you choose to pursue a certificate, you will have unlimited access to the materials.
*Part-time faculty who are teaching at least one course and anticipate teaching at least one course the following semester can request to have the certificate fee paid by the Center (teaching loads will be confirmed with the department chair/school director prior to the fee being paid).
Visit the Center for Faculty Excellence’s section on Inclusive Teaching Resources to learn more about inclusive teaching practices.