Online Course Design
The Center for Faculty Excellence is here to support you as you develop and teach your online summer courses, and as you prepare to offer fall courses in an unknown format. Request a coaching session to help with course design, instructional strategies, assessments methods and/or online course facilitation. All coaching sessions will be conducted remotely via webconferencing software (Zoom or WebEx) or phone.
Teaching Online in Brightspace Workshops
The Center for Faculty Excellence and the Office of Instructional Technology are offering a virtual 3-workshop series to support faculty develop and teaching online summer courses in Brightspace. If you are teaching this summer, you are encouraged to attend these virtual workshops.
Workshop 1: Getting Started Designing & Building Your Course
- In this virtual workshop, you will learn more about how to structure your online course and build it in Brightspace. The workshop will be followed by a one-hour optional work session with assistance available.
- Wednesday, May 20 from 9:00-10:00am; optional work time 10:00-11:00am
- Register to Attend Workshop 1
Workshop 2 : Grading & Giving Feedback
- In this virtual workshop, you will learn more about explaining student assignments clearly, assessing student learning, and providing effective feedback using the tools available in Brightspace.
- Friday, May 22 from 9:00-10:00am; optional work time 10:00-11:00am
Workshop 3: Communication & Engagement
- In this virtual workshop, you will learn more about best practices for engaging students in learning in the online environment and how to use Brightspace tools for communication and engagement.
- Wednesday, May 27 from 9:00-10:00am; optional work time 10:00-11:00am