Research Accountability Groups
The Center for Faculty Excellence will host two writing retreats in Spring 2020. They are open to all research-active faculty who wish to have uninterrupted time to work on their research.
There will be no planned programming, instead it will be a time for faculty to focus on their research/writing goals and hopefully be very productive! Lunch will be provided (must register and order a lunch). Use the links below to register to attend.
- Friday, February 7 from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Portage Meeting Facility
- Friday, April 24 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Gabis Arboretum
14-Day Writing Challenge
The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) will host an 14-day writing challenge from March 23 to April 5.
From the NCFDD website:
The 14-Day Challenge is an opportunity for you to experiment with daily writing, online community, and supportive accountability. It’s very simple:
- You commit to write every day for at least 30 minutes.
- At the beginning of your writing time, you login to our online community, start the timer, complete your writing, and post your progress at the end.
- You take five minutes to support other writers in your group by commenting on their progress.
This is NOT for you if: (1) you don’t want to post your progress on a daily basis and/or (2) you don’t want to interact with other people.