Vision, Mission, and Values
Vision – Our Ultimate Goal
The College of Business will enrich the lives of our stakeholders with a focus on engagement and innovation and will be the business school of choice in Northwest Indiana, the greater Chicagoland region and beyond.
We are committed to delivering high quality, impactful outcomes through distinctive educational programs that integrate active learning experiences through faculty/student scholarship and through engagement with our stakeholders. We pursue this mission by:
- Transforming students and business professionals through rigorous, innovative instruction and lifelong learning based on our core values
- Transforming communities and organizations through engagement, collaboration and partnership
- Transforming businesses and our classrooms through research, scholarship and creativity
The values that define the College of Business permeate all that we do and all that we are. They remain unchanged in a changing world.
- Unfailing work ethic and accountability based on mutual respect and personal responsibility
- Honesty, integrity and transparency
- Dedication to student success
- Community engagement
- Commitment to professionalism, high standards and continuous improvement
- Desire to make a difference
- Diversity in participants and perspectives ensuring all activities embrace an inclusive environment and global mindset and foster interdisciplinary collaboration
- Collegiality as evidenced by a strong commitment to collaboration and participation by all key stakeholders through respectful and thoughtful interactions