The PNW Big Sell
Think you have the next big idea? Join us May 2 for the PNW Big Sell, our annual pitch competition!
$10,000 awarded for first place!
$5,000 to first runner up
$2,500 to second runner up
Make Your Pitch
Submit a two-minute video to see if you can make the stage for PNW’s Big Sell!
- All PNW and non-PNW students can attend and participate for FREE.
- The General Public can attend for free and submit a video pitch for $100.
- April 3 – Registration and two-minute video submissions due (2 p.m. deadline)
- April 10- Registrants will be notified if they are a finalist
- May 2- Competition Day
- CMEC is prepared to assist prospective applicant develop and record pitches by appointment only. Please do not wait until the last minute.
- If your product has a social benefit, please describe it briefly.
- If you are selected as a finalist, then prepare to give a live six-minute pitch presentation expanding on your video submission to a panel of judges. You may demonstrate your product and/or use a presentation such as PowerPoint and expect questions from the judges.
- Submissions may be entered by individuals or teams. For the sake of this document, everyone will be referred to as “teams” or “participants”.
- All two-minute video submissions must be submitted by April 3, 2020. Finalists will be notified on April 10, 2020.
- All application forms must be complete at the time of submission. No additional material will be accepted thereafter.
- All participants selected as finalists must appear and pitch their ideas at the competition on Saturday, May 2, 2020. Any individual or team spokesperson that fails to appear at the competition on Saturday, May 2, 2020, will forfeit all rights in the competition and will be disqualified. No refunds will be issued.
- Each individual or team has up to six minutes to present their pitch.
- Teams that plan to use a slideshow or power point must provide a flash drive. The slide will be managed on our system by PNW Big Sell organizers.
- Only the product and/or service can be presented for the audience and judges during the presentation.
- All participants will be disqualified if they, or someone on their behalf, attempt to approach a judge in connection to this competition.
- Participants, who promote illegal, illicit, unethical, immoral or activities, which may be considered unworthy of association with Purdue University Northwest will be disqualified.
- All participants/competitors by entering this competition agree to allow Purdue University Northwest to use their application materials, photos, likenesses, presentations and other such information to market, promote and provide information about the PNW Big Sell.
- Winning teams are required to share the awards from this competition among all team participants.
- All winners that will be receiving award money and prizes must provide personal information (Social Security, address, etc.) to Purdue University Northwest. This is a necessary component the university needs to meet under federal and state guidelines.
- All winners agree that volunteered services must be used within one year from the date of the award and that service providers have up to one year to provide the volunteered services to the winners. If services are not used, this will amount to a void.
Day-Of Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 2
- Noon — The PNW Big Sell is open to ticket holders
- 12:45 p.m. – 1 p.m. 15-minute warning
- 1 p.m. – Twelve finalists give six-minute presentations with questions from judges
- 2 – 2:15 p.m. – Intermission
- 3 p.m. — The PNW Big Sell concludes and judges deliberate
- 3:30 p.m. — Winner, first runner-up and second runner-up announced and checks presented.
Hosted by Purdue University Northwest College of Business and College of Technology
Purdue University Northwest
Dworkin Conference Center
1401 S US 421
Sponsored by Nipsco