The Clerical and Service Staff Advisory Committee (CSSAC) serves to improve the University system as a whole and foster a positive work environment for members of the clerical and service staff through dialogue, engagement and professional development.
CSSAC provides an effective communication channel and advocate for clerical and service workers to voice their interests and concerns with University administration and various University committees.
PNW Community Statement on Racial Injustice
Following the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and countless other Black people across the country and the protests that have resulted from these injustices, the Purdue University Northwest Community would like to extend our support to our Black students, faculty, staff, families and communities.
Some major accomplishments initiated by the system-wide CSSAC organization in conjunction with the regional campuses are:
- Establishment of a personal holiday.
- Extension of group medical and life insurance coverage for employees who retire early.
- Adoption of the Sick Leave Conversion Plan for official retirees.
- Establishment of the two-tier premium payment plan for medical insurance.
- Reduction of the number of years of service needed to accrue four weeks of vacation.
This is only a partial list of CSSAC accomplishments. And remember, CSSAC’s accomplishments are really yours, because without input from co-workers, CSSAC could not function.