The Dean’s List is Purdue University Northwest’s way of recognizing undergraduate students for outstanding scholastic achievement. At the conclusion of each semester, the registrar shall indicate which undergraduate students are scholastically eligible to be included on the Dean’s List. To be cited on the Dean’s List for any semester, one must:
- have at least 12 hours included in the cumulative GPA
- have at least 6 hours included in the semester GPA
- attain at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- have at least a 3.0 current semester GPA
Semester Honors recognize undergraduate students who:
- have at least six credit hours in the semester index with a semester index of at least 3.5, and
- have at least a 2.0 overall GPA
Students whose names are placed on the Dean’s List shall be entitled to the following special privileges during the semester following the designation of distinction may be assigned to more than 18 credit hours upon request.
It would be possible to earn both Dean’s List and Semester Honors standing if the student has a really outstanding semester.
Note: Pass/no-pass grades and credits do not count in hours totals for either category of honors. For the most current information on Academic Honors, visit the Registrar’s website.