- One parent must be a student, staff member, or member of the faculty of PNW.
- Students who have filed formal enrollment forms for a child or children may use the child care center for a $2.25 per hour/child fee for the first child and $1.50 per hour for each additional child.
- Faculty or staff members enrolling a child or children in the center must pay $2.50 per hour for the first child and $2.00 for each additional child.
- Potty trained children starting at age 3 (or turning 3 by December 1st of the current school year) are welcome to attend. School aged children (kindergarten- 5th) are welcome for afterschool care and their school breaks, cancellations, and evenings. Toilet trained means the child is expected to tell the staff when they need to use the lavatory and must be capable of attending to their own needs (pulling clothing up and down, wiping, etc.). Children are not allowed to wear diapers, plastic panties, or any disposable training pants (Pull Ups) in the child care center. Children must be dressed in clothes they can manage without assistance. Suggestion: We believe it to be a good idea when sending your daughter in a dress to have shorts or leggings worn underneath.
PLEASE NOTE: The child care center realizes that “accidents” will happen. However, whenever an “accident” does occur, the parent will be called from class to administer to their child. When a child exhibits problems, as evidenced by three (3) “accidents,” the parent will be required to make other child care arrangements until the child has been properly toilet trained. The child care center coordinator will determine when the child may return to the child care center. THIS POLICY WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
- Applications will be accepted without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin or ancestry, or disability. The child care center is not able to handle special needs issues. Our staff is not certified to accommodate special needs.
- The parent must complete, in their entirety, all required enrollment forms. Completed forms must be received prior to, or on the day of, the child’s first visit to the child care center. Immunization records must be submitted within 2 weeks of starting at Lion Cubs Child Care or they will not be permitted to continue to attend. A new (white) information card will need to be completed each semester.
- No child will be left for longer than four hours of care without a half hour break period with his/her parent outside of the child care center. This rule will be strictly enforced. Violations of this policy will be logged and filed in the child care center and a penalty fee will be assessed. After three such occurrences, the center will require the parent to meet with the director of the child care center and the Dean of Students to resolve the situation.
- If a school age child is not well enough to be in school, please do not bring the child to the child care center where he/she might pass illnesses on to the other children.
- The center provides child care services to student parents/guardians while engaged in school related activities. The center must be aware of where the parent/guardian can be reached at all times, therefore, if the student’s activity requires that the student participate in an off-campus event, the parent/guardian must leave emergency contact information with the center. This information must include the location where the parent/guardian will be, the phone number where the parent/guardian can be reached, and the reason the parent/guardian will be off-campus. A parent/guardian utilizing the child care center when they are not in their scheduled class, but are attending a school related activity (tutoring, study group, presentation, library research, computer lab, etc.), must inform the child care center in writing on the daily sign in/sign out sheet, where they can be located in the event of an emergency.