|Location & Hours:||
Gyte, Room 5
Monday – Thursday, 8 A.M. – 5 P.M.
Friday, 8 A.M. – 4 P.M.
Technology Building (TECH), Room 101
Monday – Friday, 9 A.M. – 3 P.M.
|Phone:||219 989-2366 (for both Hammond and Westville Campuses)|
*Please call for summer and break hours. In case of emergency, dial 911 or go to your local emergency room.
The Counseling Center’s mission is to encourage, support, and assist students in their educational pursuit by providing a broad range of psychological counseling and educational services to deal with personal, interpersonal, vocational, and academic issues. Counseling services are provided by licensed mental health professionals and externs under their supervision and are confidential, as protected by law. Additionally, all services are FREE to currently enrolled students.
- Addresses personal concerns that may interfere with productive emotional functioning and academic success.
- Personal concerns including: anger management, family and relationship problems, depression, anxiety, and stress, adjustment to college, body image, self-esteem and more.
- The Counseling Center provides psychological, psycho-educational, and neuropsychological assessments as medically necessary for students seeking diagnostic clarity and assistance with treatment planning.
- Students with a history of learning challenges, difficulties with attention, traumatic brain injury (e.g., concussion), developmental delays, etc. often benefit testing services to identify strengths and weaknesses and provide accommodations in coordination with the PNW Disability Access Center, as appropriate.
Outreach & Groups:
- National Stalking Awareness
- National Eating Disorder Awareness
- National Alcohol Awareness Week & Screening Days
- National Suicide Prevention
- National Depression Screening Day
- National Coming Out Day
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Mindfulness Groups
- Self Injury/Self-Harm Awareness
- Sexual Assault Awareness
- STD Awareness Week
- Play Day/Stress Free Week
- RAINN Day
Feel free to stop by the Counseling Center to browse and choose from a wide variety of free self-help brochures.
All currently registered and enrolled PNW students are eligible for all services offered by the Counseling Center. Staff and faculty are eligible for consultations.