Student Union & Library (SUL)
Technology Building (TECH)
Hammond: Monday – Friday 8 A.M. – 4:30 P.M., Additional hours available by appointment.
Westville: Monday – Thursday 8 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Call for Friday Hours
The Disability Access Center provides registered students with documented disabilities equal access to Purdue University Northwest. It is our goal that students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in PNW while maintaining the same academic standards for all students. We collaborate with students, their families, faculty, and staff to promote a welcoming environment for college ready students with documented disabilities.
How to Register
To register as a student with a disability at Purdue University Northwest
- Complete the Apply Now forms on the Disability Access Center website
- Schedule a confidential intake consultation with the Disability Access Center
- Bring current documentation from a qualified medical provider to your meeting
- During the intake consultation, the DAC staff will review the student’s current disability documentation; engage in an interactive process with the student to discuss disability, barriers caused by the disability, and appropriate accommodations based on the documentation provided and additional factors.
- Each time you register for classes complete an Authorization to Distribute Form choosing which professors will receive your Access Plan
All students concerned about a possible disability impacting their university experience should contact the Disability Access Center at 219-989-2455. In some situations, we may be able to assist the student with securing the needed documentation.