|Location & Phone:||
Schneider Avenue Building
Fax: (219) 989-2094
|Hours:||Monday – Friday 8 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Additional hours available by appointment
Educational Talent Search identifies and assists individuals from eligible backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to and complete their post-secondary education. We work collaboratively within targeted schools and with parents, teachers, counselors, and community outreach organizations. Educational Talent Search is a U.S. Department of Education federally funded TRIO program.
The mission of the Purdue University Educational Talent Search Program is “to enable targeted individuals an opportunity to enhance their overall quality of life by providing comprehensive involvement in academic and career-related services.”
At Educational Talent Search, we envision a program which works efficiently to offer a high quality of services and resources in a warm, positive, encouraging, and engaging environment that fosters equitable, healthy student/participant development.
- Academic, financial, career, and personal counseling
- Advice about entry or re-entry to secondary or Post-secondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services on-site and online
- Information on post-secondary education
- Exposure to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Special activities for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders
- Workshops for the families of participants