Classroom Office Building, Room 176
|Hours:||Monday – Friday, 8 A.M. – 5 P.M.|
The International Affairs Office (IAO) is committed to further internationalizing the Purdue University Northwest campuses and supporting global awareness through the development of international partnerships and exchanges, education abroad opportunities, increased international student enrollment, and cross-cultural programming on and off campus.
In order to achieve its goals, IAO is comprised of five main units:
- International Students and Scholars (ISS) provides the appropriate support and advising on immigration matters in order to help international students succeed in their academic, social, and cultural pursuits. For more information about ISS, please visit the ISS website.
- International Programs develops international partnerships, provides peer mentoring, and organizes cross-cultural events and activities to enhance the learning experience for international students and contribute to the globalization of the Purdue Northwest campus. For more information, please visit the International Programs Office website.
- The English Language Program (ELP) provides students with essential language skills needed to succeed in their university studies, matches students with English speaking peer mentors for additional practice and interaction in and out of the classroom, and offers weekly cultural and educational excursions to local destinations. For more information, please visit the English Language Program website.
- International Admissions Office reviews and processes international student applications, evaluates foreign credentials, guides and advises prospective international students, processes transfer credit, works with sponsored students and partners, assists with development of international partnerships, and assists with marketing and recruitment efforts.
- Education Abroad & Exchanges assists in all aspects of learning overseas and promotes international learning opportunities for Purdue University Northwest students, including study, intern, volunteer, and service-learning abroad experiences. This unit also serves as the central point of contact for international students at PNW on exchange or visiting from partner universities.