For the most current information, please view the Academic Regulations in our Academic Catalog.
Students may add courses during the first four weeks of the semester by submitting a completed add/drop card to the Office of the Registrar. The signatures of both the academic advisor and instructor of the class being added are required during the second, third, and fourth weeks of the semester.
Student Athletes must contact the Athletic Department in order to process changes to their semester schedule. Signatures are required for these changes.
- Week 1: No approval required.
- Week 2-4: Approval of academic advisor and instructor.
- Week 5-9: Extenuating circumstances only. Approval of academic advisor, instructor and head of the department in which the course is listed.
- Week 10-16: Not permitted.
Students may withdraw from courses by submitting an add/drop card to the Office of the Registrar.
The time period in which a student withdraws from a course determines the recording of the course on the student’s transcript.
The following guidelines apply to the sixteen week Fall and Spring semesters only. Accelerated term and Summer term refund schedules are calculated based upon a modified schedule.
- Week 1-2: No grade recorded on academic record
- Week 3-12: W grade recorded on academic record
- Week 13-16: No withdrawals are allowed*
Exceptions to the preceding regulations for registration, schedule revision, and cancellation of assignment may be made for courses that do not span the regular semester or summer session.
Schedule revisions are completed only after they have been processed in the Office of the Registrar.