Veterans benefits are different for every individual. Knowing which benefits work best for you and your educational goals is the key to success.
Types of Veterans Benefits
The three main types of veterans benefits are Department of Defense benefits, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs benefits and Indiana state benefits. To understand what combination of benefits may work best for you, it’s best to get a benefits counseling at the Veteran Center.
Department of Defense Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Montgomery Chapter. 30
- Vocational Rehabilitation Chapter. 31
- Post 9/11 Chapter 33 (most used)
- Dependent Education Assistance Chapter. 35
- MGIB- Selective Reserve Chapter 1606
Indiana State Benefits
- Child of Disabled Veteran Tuition and Fee Exemption
- Purple Heart Recipient Tuition and Fee Exemption
Individuals do not have the ability to use Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs benefits simultaneously. However, state benefits can be used at the same time as both Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs benefits