Veterans Admissions Checklist

The PNW admissions process is different for Veterans. Knowing what paperwork is required and how to properly file it is an important step in your student journey.

  1. Begin the PNW application
  2. Obtain prior college transcript and Joint Service Transcript
  3. Submit Test Score(s) (ACT or SAT)
    1. If out of school for more than 1 year, take the Placement exams
  4. Speak with PNW Veteran Services for education benefits counseling
  5. Apply for education benefits
    1. FAFSA
    2. GI Bill
    3. Tuition Assistance – Talk to your chain of command
    4. Indiana Education Benefits
  6. Submit VA Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 to the Registrar’s Office
  7. Speak with Admissions
  8. Contact your advisor to determine what classes you need to register for.
    1. Register for classes
  9. Beginning with your first semester at PNW, you and your academic advisor must submit the following documents every time you register for classes:
    1. Veteran’s Certification Request
      1. If you prefer to complete the Certification Request in person, paper forms are available in the Office of the Registrar, or the form can be mailed to you.
    2. Advisor Approval Form
      1. Contact your academic advisor and ask them to submit their approval every semester after you register for classes.
    3. After a certifying official in the Office of the Registrar receives these approvals, the appropriate certification forms will be submitted to the VA. The certifying official can only certify courses that meet the degree requirements for your program of study as currently listed in the PNW Academic Catalog. They cannot certify courses a second time unless you withdrew from or did not successfully pass the initial course. Repeated courses that were successfully completed, whether at PNW or another institution, cannot be certified.
  10. Complete VA verification every month you attend class.
  11. Contact PNW Veteran Services if you have any questions, comments or concerns about anything.
PNW Student Veteran

Have Questions?

Contact the office of Veterans Affairs at (219) 785-2727 or