Are you a current student at PNW who either had accommodations in high school for a disability or are struggling in class and interested in receiving accommodations due to a disability?
- Learn about the Roadmap to Access at PNW and how to apply for accommodations at Purdue University Northwest.
- Learn about some of the common accommodations that the Disability Access Center offers to students.
- Learn how the Disability Access Center determines reasonable accommodations.
Already a registered student with the DAC? Every semester there are a few items you will need to check off your to do list before you are ready to use your accommodations before the start of each semester.
- Learn about authorizing the use of your accommodations every semester.
- Learn about requesting a tutors, alternative format of textbooks, borrowing assistive technology, or a copy of class notes.
- Learn about how to update your accommodations or how to submit a concern regarding your accommodations.
Do you plan on taking exams your exams in the Disability Access Center? Make sure you know the rules and policies regarding taking exams in the Disability Access Center before your next exam date!
- Learn how to schedule exams or quizzes with the Disability Access Center during the regular semester and during finals.
- Learn about the testing procedures within the Disability Access Center.
- Learn about testing room amenities.
Are you a registered student with the Disability Access Center and have an approved accommodation to receive alternative formats of textbooks? Do you know what you need to request your books?
- Learn how to request alternative formats of your textbooks.
- Fill out the Request for Alternative Formats of Textbooks Form.
- Learn about what is needed to receive your alternative format of textbooks
Are you a registered student with the Disability Access Center and have an approved accommodation to receive a copy of class notes?
- Learn how to request a copy of class notes.
- Fill out the Class Notes Request Form.
- Learn about when you should request a copy of your class notes.
Do you have a service animal or are living in the dorms and have an emotional support animal?
- Learn about what defines a service animal versus an emotional support animal.
- Learn about what you need in order to bring a service or emotional support animal into student housing.
- Learn about other frequently asked questions about service animals or emotional support animals.
Do you need to borrow assistive technology from the Disability Access Center? Find out what the DAC has to offer.
- Learn about what assistive technology the DAC offers students.
- Fill out the Request for Use of Disability Access Center Technology Form.
- Learn about other mobile apps.
Will you need to utilize Communication Access Real-time Translation (CART) or interpreting services in your courses?
- Learn what you need to do to request CART/Interpreting Services for your courses.
- Fill out the CART/Interpreting Services Request Form.
- Learn about other information.