The Disability Access Center (DAC) understands that it asks for very specific information regarding your courses which may be difficult to find but is needed in order for the DAC to serve you. We have provided the following information to assist you in finding some of the common information that the DAC may ask you to provide when submitting forms each semester.
There are several different ways you can find your class schedule:
- Use the MyPNW Portal
- Click the registration tab.
- Click View your Schedule.
- Enter the date the semester starts (05/14/18 for Maymester 2018, 06/11/18 for Summer 2018, or 08/20/18 for Fall 2018).
- Click on the name of a class to view the instructor and CRN.
- If you know which class and section you are registered for you can use the PNW Class Schedule
- Choose the term then click Continue.
- Choose the Subject.
- Enter the Course Number, for example 11400 for COM 114.
- Find the course you are registered for and you will be able to find the Course Title, CRN, Course Name, Section Number and the instructor information.
- The Disability Access Center can also print your schedule for you.
When the DAC asks for a course name we are asking for the acronym (typically 3 or 4 letters) and the following 5 digit number. Some typical examples of this would be COM 11400, NUR 28201, or MA 13900. The Course Name (or Subject Description) is the 3-4 letter acronym that precedes the number. For example, Communication would be COM. The CRN or Course Number is a unique 5 digit number that is different for every class. An example of a CRN could be 50078 or 14512. The Section Number is a 3 digit number that indicates which section of the course you are taking. There can be many sections for the same course. For example you may be registered in COM 11400 section 001. This indicates that you are in Section 1 of COM 114 out of many other sections. The course title is not needed on DAC forms. As an example for COM 11400, don’t list “Fundamentals of Speech Communication” as the course name for COM 11400.
Forms this information is needed on:
- Authorization to Distribute Access Plans and Emergency Evacuation Request Form
- Class Notes Request Form
- Tutor Request Form
- Request for Alternative Format of Textbooks Form
When requesting Alternative Format of Textbooks you will need to know the title and ISBN number of our textbooks to make sure the Disability Access Center requests the correct book for creating your alternative media.
There are two ways you can find this information easily:
- Look up your book information using the PNW Class Schedule.
- Choose the term and click Submit.
- Choose the subject then click Class Search.
- Find the course you are registered for and then click the View Books link.
- Click the Proceed to Follett Bookstore (www.eFollett.com) link.
- Under Required Materials, you will see the title of the book and the ISBN number. Simply enter the information for each book into in the Request for Alternative Format of Textbooks Form for each course you are requesting books.
- Look up your book information using the University Bookstore’s Website
- Choose which campus the course is being offered on
- Click on Books.
- Click on the Shop By Course tab if it’s not selected by default.
- Choose your Program, Term, and Department from the drop down lists.
- Select the course your are taking from the drop down list.
- Select your section from the drop down list.
- Click submit.
- Under Required Materials, click the + next to the title of the book, you will see the title of the book and the ISBN number. Simply enter the information for each book into in the Request for Alternative Format of Textbooks Form for each course you are requesting books.
Forms this is information is needed on: