You play a vital role in the accommodations process. The Disability Access Center (DAC) staff appreciates your assistance in ensuring the process runs smoothly. Please review the following information.
- Provide accommodations immediately from the date listed on the student’s Access Plan. You will receive the Access Plan attached to an e-mail from the Disability Access Center.
- Please only discuss the student’s accommodations with student in a confidential setting.
- Faculty are not required to provide accommodations retroactively from the date on the Access Plan. You may use your discretion when considering such a request.
- Do not assume your student is intending to take their exam at the DAC. Students may take their exams with the rest of the class.
- After receiving a request for an exam from the DAC, complete the Testing Instruction Form in its entirety.
- Please only agree to provide students with their extended time in the classroom if you are able to proctor the student for the full accommodated time to which they are entitled. You are otherwise encouraged to direct students to schedule and take exams in the DAC.
- The goal is to have students test in the DAC at the same time that students are taking the exam in class. This is not always possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and ask that you direct any questions to the DAC.
- The Disability Access Center is committed to maintaining the highest standards of academic integrity therefore personal items such as cell phones, smart watches, laptops, purses, and backpacks are not allowed in the exam room unless otherwise stated on the Testing Instructions Form or allowed as student accommodations. Any student observed committing acts of dishonesty will be reported to you as well as the Office of the Dean of Students.
We encourage you to contact us at (219) 989-2455 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to working with you this semester!