As a student with approved accommodations for alternative textbooks, you will be able to request your textbooks in an alternative format. The Disability Access Center (DAC) mainly provides three different formats for alternative textbooks: Audio (MP3), PDF, and Kurzweil 3000 format. Requests can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to process.
How do I request Alternative Textbooks?
To request your textbooks in an alternative format, follow these steps:
- Be registered with the DAC and be approved for the alternative textbooks accommodation.
- Fill out the Request for Alternative Format of Textbooks Form (form is below) for the semester in which you are requesting alternative format of textbooks. This form will need to be filled out every semester you need alternative format of textbooks.
- Include the Course, CRN Number, and the Title and ISBN number of each book you are requesting. How do I find this information? [Opens in New Window]
- Provide proof of purchase of your textbooks to the DAC. Alternative formats of Textbooks cannot be provided until the DAC has received a copy of your receipt and your request may be put on hold until proof of purchase is received.
- Remember that it may takes several weeks to complete your request so be sure to submit your forms either before the semester starts or as early in the semester as possible.