Purdue University Northwest Disability Access Center
Creating an accessible Purdue university northwest environment by helping students remove or mitigate disability-related barriers.
Road to Access
- Caution – Student has concerns – the DAC can help!
- Student Contacts the DAC – Visit pnw.edu/dac to fill out the DAC Intake Form online.
- Student meets with the DAC – The DAC review documentation and discusses options. Remember: accommodations are based on documentation.
- Student chooses – Each semester, student completes the Authorization to Distribute Access Plan to the faculty they select.
- Faculty are Notified – Faculty of student’s choice will receive Access Plan Letters
- Private Meeting – Student meets privately with professors to discuss how accommodations will be provided.
- Monitor – Student monitors accommodations and contacts the DAC with any concerns.
- Student registers for the next semester and returns to step 4.
Are you not sure or have questions? Not a problem! Call to set up a meeting at the DAC to help with your questions at 219-989-2455 or stop in SULB 341 on the Hammond campus or TECH 101 on the Westville Campus.
*Individual situation may require a variance.