21st Century Scholars
We provide quality academic support programs and services to retain and graduate every 21st Century Scholar enrolled at PNW.
The PNW 21st Century Scholars Collegiate Support Program seeks to provide you with the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel academically, find gainful employment, and serve your community.
Maintaining Your Scholarship at PNW
21st Century Scholarship recipients are automatically enrolled in the PNW 21st Century Scholar Program once you have enrolled in your academic program.
To maintain the FULL-TUITION scholarship each semester, you must:
- Be enrolled at full-time status (at least 12 credit hours)
- Earn at least 30 credits each academic year
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Indiana’s April 15 deadline each year
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at PNW
21st Century Scholars must be enrolled by the time they enter 7th grade to June 30 of their 8th grade year. See details about the program, enrolling, and more by clicking here. To apply for the 21st Century Scholars program, you must:
1. Be a resident of Indiana, both when applying and when receiving the scholarship (determined by the residency of the parent or legal guardian).
2. Be one of the following:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain’s Island)
- U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551 or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card)
- A non-citizen with one of the following designations (Un no ciudadano con cualquier de las designaciones que siguen):
- Asylum Granted
- Indefinite Parole and/or Humanitarian Parole
- Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending
3. Be enrolled in the 7th or 8th grade at an Indiana public or private school accredited by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Children in foster care may apply after the 8th grade.
- Homeschooled students are not eligible for the 21st Century Scholars program.
4. Be a member of a family that meets the income eligibility guidelines. Note: students must meet income eligibility guidelines at time of enrollment and each year of college.
|Household Size||Maximum Annual Income|
|7 or more||For each additional person, add $8,288|
- A student in foster care does not need to meet this requirement.
- A student in 7th or 8th grade who is in legal guardianship does not need to meet this requirement.
For more information, please contact Te’Aire Storm, 21st Century Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-989-8414.
Areas of Focus
- Academic Performance and Persistence
- Student Engagement and Enrichment
- Career Exploration and Preparation
- Financial Literacy and Debt Management
Director of TRIO Student Support Services
Westville, Schwarz 38
Hammond, CLO 176
ScholarCorps AmeriCorps Member
Hammond, SULB 343
Westville, SWRZ 38
Parent, Community, and Early Education Liaison