Come Experience Life as a College Student!
Here at Purdue Northwest, we are passionate not only about education, but also about making sure every high school student is prepared to take the next step after graduation! To help with this, we have created a unique, interactive, overnight experience to help high school students see what the college experience is all about!
Attendees will check into our on-campus Housing, receive an ID, be in “class” with many of our campus resource staff to cover everything from the admission process to finding the right major and also have an opportunity for some hands on extracurricular fun! Participants will learn about the college application process, financial aid (paying for college), student support services, and academic expectations within a mock college environment as they embark on the next steps in their education.
One parent or guardian may sign up per student, but is not required for participation. The parent/guardian will also take part in their own schedule and gather information so they are able to better assist their student with preparing for the next steps. We will only be able to take the first 50 guests that apply. Space is limited!
For questions, please contact Educational Outreach Programs at email@example.com or 219-989-2779.
How To Apply
Came Leo will take place on Tuesday, July 16 and Wednesday, July 17
The cost per person will be $150.00. This can be paid by check or credit card during the application process.
To apply for Camp Leo, please contact the TRIO/Educational Opportunity Programs Office at Purdue Northwest by Friday, June 24, 2019.
The TRIO/Educational Opportunity Programs Office can be reached at (219) 989-2779.
You will be notified via email no later than Friday, July 1, 2019 of your acceptance and will receive specific move in day information.
FAQ: Find the Answer Here!
Will I have a roommate?
- You sure will! Each apartment will have 4 Camp Leo attendees staying together just like our PNW students experience.
Can I request a roommate?
- We are not accepting any roommate requests.
Will my guest have a roommate too?
- Yes, each guest will be staying with up to three other Camp Leo guests (4 to an apartment). If there are any special accommodations your guest will need, please be sure to list this in your application.
What does the On Campus Housing look like?
- All on campus housing offered at PNW are apartment style with a full kitchen and living area. They come fully furnished and each unit is able to regulate their own temperature. For apartment layouts and pictures, please visit their website.
What do I need to bring?
- You will need to bring:
- Shower items- towels
- Clothing for the weather
- Please also feel free to bring an alarm clock and any other sleeping items you may need for one night. No need to bring a TV or laptop, there won’t be much time for sitting in your room!
- You will not need to bring
- Sheets (except a pillowcase for your pillow)
- Backpack (we will provide you with a drawstring backpack)
What meals will be provided?
- You will be provided lunch and dinner on the 16th and breakfast, lunch and dinner on the 17th. Please be sure to bring any extra snacks/drinks you may need.
What will our schedule look like?
Tuesday, July 16
- 8 – 8:50 a.m. — Move-In and Program Registration, Residence Hall
- 9 – 9:50 a.m. — Move-In and Program Registration, Residence Hall
- 10 – 10:50 a.m. — Program Orientation (Parents and Students), Gyte 104 / Alumni Hall
- 11 – 11:50 a.m. — Admissions and Financial Aid Presentations, Gyte 104 / Alumni Hall / Powers 130
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. — Lunch (students only), PNW Cafeteria
- 1 – 1:50 p.m. — Class 1: HTM, Technology, CIVS, Nursing, Radio/TV Film
- 2 – 2:50 p.m. — Class 2: HTM, Technology, CIVS, Nursing, Radio/TV Film
- 3 – 3:50 p.m. — Class 3: HTM, Technology, CIVS, Nursing, Radio/TV Film
- 4 – 4:30 p.m. — Break, Residence Hall / FRC
- 4:30 – 6 p.m. — Dinner, PNW Cafeteria
- 6 – 8:00 p.m. — Athletics, Intramurals and Student Life
- 11 p.m. — Room Check
Wednesday, July 17
- 8 – 8:50 a.m. — Breakfast, PNW Cafeteria
- 9 – 9:50 a.m. — Class 4: HTM, Technology, CIVS, Nursing, Radio/TV Film
- 10 – 10:50 a.m. — Class 5: HTM, Technology, CIVS, Nursing, Radio/TV Film
- 11 – 11:50 a.m. — Success in College SSS and 21CC, Gyte 104 / Alumni Hall / Powers 130
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. — Lunch, PNW Cafeteria
- 1 – 1:50 p.m. — Test Prep Seminar, ETS and UB Programs
- 2 – 2:50 p.m. — PNW Student Panel, Gyte 104 / Anderson 148
- 3 – 3:50 p.m. — Program Evaluations and Certificate Distribution, Gyte 104 / Powers 130
- 4 – 4:30 p.m. — Pack up, Residence Hall / FRC
- 4:30 – 6 p.m. — Dinner, Residence Hall Picnic Area
- 6 – 8 p.m. — Check Out, Residence Hall