Educational Talent Search (Hammond)
We provide academic, career and financial counseling, encouraging participants to graduate from high school and continue on to complete their post-secondary education.
- Academic, financial, career and personal counseling
- Advice about entry or re-entry to secondary or post-secondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services on-site and online
- Information on post-secondary education
- Exposure to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Special activities for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders
- Workshops for the families of participants
The mission of Educational Talent Search (Hammond) is to enable targeted individuals an opportunity to enhance their overall quality of life by providing comprehensive involvement in academic and career-related services.
We envision a program which works efficiently to offer a high quality of services and resources in a warm, positive, encouraging, and engaging environment that fosters equitable, healthy student/participant development.
Meet Our Staff
Office Fax: 219-989-2094
Federally Funded by the US Department of Education
For fiscal year 2021-2022, $412,179 of federal dollars are being used to fund the Educational Talent Search Program at Purdue University Northwest. The program is 98% operated by federal dollars and 2% by non-governmental sources.