All applications must be completed and returned to the Upward Bound Program before the deadline posted on the form. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status in April.
Recruitment of new Upward Bound students begins in January and continues through March. (Selected students are notified in April.) Ninth-grade students interested in applying to the Upward Bound program should complete an Upward Bound Pre-application form.
How to Apply
You can receive an application form from:
- High school counselors as well as other school staff (in each of the high schools serviced by Upward Bound)
- Upward Bound office at Purdue University Northwest
- Local community agencies
- Must be enrolled in grade nine at the time of application, adhere to a three-year college preparation curriculum, and posses the commitment to attend college.
- Must reside in the Upward Bound service area (East Chicago, Gary, or Hammond, IN) and be a permanent resident of the United States.
- Must meet education and income guidelines as well as other U.S. Department of Education eligibility guidelines.