All applications must be completed in order for the student to be considered for admission to the program.
Once the application is started, it can be completed within a two-week time period. In order to login back in, you must return to the application link on the same computer and use the same web browser. Please do NOT clear the browser cookies until your application is complete or your progress will not be saved.
To successfully complete the application, please have the following:
- One parent or guardian available to help answer family income questions
- One teacher’s contact information (first name, last name, and email)
- Contact information (first name, last name, and email) for your Guidance Counselor
Students interested in the Upward Bound program must adhere to the following:
- Will be a first generation college student
- Are commits to attending college
- Are enrolled in one of our eight eligible schools
- Are a permanent resident of the United States
- Are a freshmen, sophomore, or junior at the time of application
- Live in Upward Bound’s Indiana service area (East Chicago, Gary, and Hammond)
- Meet education and income guidelines as well as other U.S. Department of Education eligibility guidelines
Application Timeline and Review Details
The Upward Bound program will be reviewing applications on a rolling admissions basis starting early August 2022. High school sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be considered for the Fall 2022 semester or later depending on the time of application. High school freshman are encouraged to apply after having one semester under their belt and will be considered for the Spring 2023 semester or Fall 2023 depending on their time of application.
The Upward Bound application process consists of the following:
- Completion of the online application or paper application
- Student and parent introduction meeting with Upward Bound staff
- Fill out income eligibility form
Students can expect an admissions decision via email after having completed this process.
Questions? Please call Director Qualls at (219) 989-2248.