Highly ranked and highly respected, Purdue University Northwest’s School of Engineering offers you the opportunity to build real-world experience with professors who are invested in your success.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to prepare our graduates to recognize the complexity of the world and its grand challenges; to appreciate the relationship of their work to society; to identify and solve problems with creativity; and to do so in an ethical and thoughtful manner. An education with regional emphasis enables our students to apply their expertise to support our local communities as well as dedicate their creative enterprises for the good of humankind.
Students educated at the School of Engineering at Purdue University Northwest will be recognized for their comprehension and innovative application of engineering principles. They will be able to identify opportunities and communicate practical solutions to a wide range of audiences, and they will be confident in the skills imparted to them by our highly skilled faculty supported by the training they receive in our state-of-the-art facilities.
Meet Our Staff
School of Engineering External Advisory Board Members
- Mark Fisher, Dwyer Instruments
- Michael Glenny, BP America, Inc.
- Kenneth Groen, Siemens Industry
- Kris Johnson, Intel (retired)
- Kathy Luther, NIRPC
- Stewart McMillan, Task Force Tips, Inc.
- Hassan Nagib, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Kay Nelson, Northwest Indiana Forum
- Cynthia Pederson, US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Robert Presnak, Sargent & Lundy (retired)
- Jason Richards, Orbital Engineering, Inc.
- Donna Riley, Purdue University
- Kurt Sangster, NiSource
- Carole Wedge, Shepley Bulfinch