The Language Culture Program (LCP) is designed for visiting participants who wish to improve their English language skills through a combination of classroom instruction and organized excursions and cultural activities in Northwest Indiana and the Chicago-land area. The program offers two 4-week sessions for both low-intermediate learners and high-intermediate/advanced learners.
Participants may apply for either one or both summer sessions.
Note: Participants in the short-term LCP can receive a certificate of completion or participation, but they do not receive official grades and do not progress through the ELP levels. This program is separate from the CEA-accredited English Language Program.
- Experienced instructors with Master’s degrees in teaching English
- 16 hours per week of English instruction
- Oral skills and practical reading/writing classes based on exciting topics, including:
- Chicago/Northwest Indiana History/Geography
- Important People & Events in the U.S.
- Apartment-style housing in campus dormitories with kitchens
- 2 meals per day in the campus cafeteria
- American buddy
- Campus activities and class visits/tours
- 8 field trips to Chicagoland sites
Questions? Email the English Language Program.
|Summer 1||June 10 to July 3|
|Summer 2||July 8 to August 1|
$3500 for one session (four weeks) or $6500 for two sessions (eight weeks).
The program price includes instruction, two meals per day, housing, transportation, and field trips.
On the application form, designate which progam(s) you are applying for:
- Summer 1 (June 10-July 3)
- Summer 2 (July 8-August 1)
- Both sessions (June 10-August 1)