Summer Language and Culture Program
Want to improve your English-language skills through classroom instruction and cultural activities in the Chicagoland area? Join us for a four-week or eight-week summer language and culture program!
- Experienced instructors with master’s degrees in teaching English
- 16 hours per week of English instruction
- Oral skills and practical reading/writing classes based on exciting topics, including:
- Chicago/Northwest Indiana History/Geography
- Important People and Events in the United States
- Apartment-style housing in campus dormitories with kitchens
- Two meals per day in the campus cafeteria
- American buddy
- Campus activities and class visits/tours
- Eight field trips to Chicagoland sites
- $3500 for one session (four weeks)
- $6500 for two sessions (eight weeks)
The program price includes instruction, two meals per day, housing, transportation and field trips. $200 reserves your spot in the program, and $175 is applied to your program price when you arrive on campus!
Spring and Summer 2022 Dates
- January 10 through April 30
- June 13 through August 5
We offer two four-week sessions for both low-intermediate learners and high-intermediate/advanced learners. Participants may apply for either one or both summer sessions.
Participants in the short-term language and culture program can receive a certificate of completion or participation, but they do not receive official grades and do not progress through the English Language Program levels. This program is separate from the CEA-accredited English Language Program.