PNW English is dedicated to ensuring our students are fully prepared for lifelong success.
Visit PNW’s scholarship database to search for scholarships dedicated to students in English.
Academic advising is a collaborative process where you and your advisors are partners in ensuring your academic success.
Gyte Building, Room 171H
We are dedicated to ensuring our students are fully prepared for lifelong success:
- Plan your future in our First-Year Experience course
- Work one-on-one with a caring, accomplished faculty mentor
- Network with alumni, employers and community members
- Intern with a publication, arts organization, business and more
- Study abroad in London, Rome, France and Norway
- Perform in a play or at a poetry slam; publish in or help edit our literary magazine, Furnace
- Join Sigma Tau Delta, the English honors society
Our recent graduates are social media marketers, lawyers, librarians, nonprofit administrators, educators, professional writers, and more. They’ve founded digital media companies and vintage fashion stores. Their stories prove it: you can do anything with English.
Our Curriculum Supports You
Our First-Year Experience course smashes the myth that major=job. For most people, that isn’t what the world is like. We teach you to learn to embrace a path from college to career where you can explore, adjust, build your network and be ready to take advantage when a break comes your way.
Our curriculum gives you experiences employers value, including hands-on projects and group work. Take a course where you edit and design our literary magazine or develop a social media strategy for a real-world client.
We pride ourselves on how many students present their work at research conferences and in the community. We teach you to be confident in presenting your ideas and to learn to read a room and communicate well.