- This event has passed.
Hammond Campus Lockdown Drill
September 28, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
We will be conducting a lockdown drill at the Hammond campus. The below mentioned buildings will be the only buildings drilled. We will announce the start of the drill by our ENS (PA) system. We will also announce the “all clear, resume normal activity” end of the drill by ENS (PA).
Being mindful of the interruption to instructional time, the entire drill, from start to finish, will be eight minutes. If you do not hear the “Start Lockdown Drill” announcement by ENS, do not lockdown. In addition, if you hear the start announcement and lock down, do not remain in “lockdown status” for more than eight minutes.
The drills offer faculty, staff and students the opportunity to plan and practice their response. We hold several PNW Response to Active Shooter Training classes every semester at both campuses. We also have the video “Run, Hide, Fight” under Safety Tips and Resources on the PNW Police website. This five minute video trains you to respond to an active shooter using our core concepts of “Run, Hide, Fight.”
- Commercialization Building, 10 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- IBCC, 10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Fitness & Recreation Center, 10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Student Union & Library, 10:45 a.m. -11 a.m.
- Porter Building, 11 a.m. -11:15 a.m.
- Gyte Building, 11:15 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Powers Building, 11:30 p.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Potter Building, 11:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Classroom Office Building, 12 p.m. – 12:15 p.m.
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion five days prior to the event at firstname.lastname@example.org, 219-989-2163 (Hammond Campus) or 219-785-5545 (Westville Campus).