PNW Flu Shot Event (Hammond Campus)
October 4 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Center for Healthy Living at PNW will be administering flu shots via drive-through to eligible faculty, staff, covered spouses and dependents in front of the Center for Healthy Living.
2250 173rd Street
(Directly across from the Fitness & Recreation Center)
Who Is Eligible?
- All benefit-eligible faculty and staff including medical plan opt outs
- Covered spouses & dependents older than 2 years of age on a Purdue Health Plan
Identification is required. Individuals will need to bring their Purdue University ID (PUID).
Which Vaccine Is Being Administered?
The Flublok vaccine will be administered at the event. Flublok quadrivalent vaccine, which is designed to protect against four different flu viruses; two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses. It is approved for use in ages 18 years and older. It is preservative and egg-free.
If an alternative vaccine type is needed, employees are encouraged to see their providers.
Other Options to Get a Flu Shot
The Center for Healthy Living (CHL) at Purdue Northwest provides seasonal flu shots at no charge for Purdue faculty and staff, as well as spouses and dependents older than 2 years of age covered on a Purdue health plan during normal business hours.
CHL Flu Shots Administered
- Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine which is designed to protect against four different flu viruses; two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses and is approved for anyone ages 6 months and older.
- Flublok Quadrivalent vaccine – which is egg free and is approved for use in people 18 years and older – will be available.
- The Purdue medical plan covers the flu vaccine at 100% as preventive care when administered at in network providers.
- Retail pharmacies: Check with your retail pharmacy for flu shot availability. All Purdue medical plans cover the seasonal flu vaccine for employees and covered dependents.
- Health care provider: In most cases, primary care providers can administer flu shots. All Purdue medical plans cover the seasonal flu vaccine for employees and covered dependents.
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion five days prior to the event at email@example.com, 219-989-2163 (Hammond Campus) or 219-785-5545 (Westville Campus).