- This event has passed.
PNW Writing and Art Contest
February 22, 2022 @ 11:59 pm
The department of English and World Languages seeks submissions from writers and artists for our annual literary publication and contest.
What can I submit?
- Academic essays
- Visual Art
- Creative Nonfiction (memoir & personal essay)
Who can submit?
Any students who are currently enrolled or who have been enrolled in a Purdue Northwest course within the last two years may submit work.
What if my work gets accepted?
- Accepted submissions will be published in the 2022 issue of PNW’s literary magazine, Furnace, available in hard copy and electronically.
- Accepted writing will be automatically entered into competition for the Stark-Tinkham Writing Awards. (Note: Stark-Tinkham Awards may not be given in all categories in all years.)
- All students whose pieces are accepted for publication will be honored at a release party for Furnace. (Time and date to be determined based on health and safety; current plan is May 2022.)
- Accepted visual art will be published in Furnace and considered for use as the cover image for Furnace 2022 and/or for What’s Going On?, a new publication forthcoming from CHESS.
Where do I submit? What are the requirements for each category?
Visit our Furnace webpage for more information.
Submission Deadline: PNW Writing and Art Contest
Monday, February 21, 11:59 PM CST
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org or (219) 989-2163 five days prior to the event.