Request a Relocation
Need to request an office relocation? Our guidelines will streamline the preparation, move-in and resettling process.
Relocations typically occur due to a building remodel, the completion of a new facility or a space assignment change required to better support university operations.
- It is requested that a minimum of a two week notice is given when requesting the relocation of staff.
- Please note any special equipment such as fax machines, networked/shared printers need to be listed at the bottom of the relocation form.
- Information Services will need to relocate computers, transfer voice and data connections. This work is documented on the relocation worksheet.
- Notify Mail Services of the change of location.
- Make arrangements with the Facilities Services for new keys, key cards or to turn in old keys.
- Request moving boxes.
Personnel within departments/operations being moved are responsible for packing their office and personal material into boxes, prior to the scheduled move date.
Tip: Boxes should not be over or under packed. Tops should lay flat and close easily. Please consider that if the box is too heavy for you to lift, it will likely be difficult for Facilities staff to lift as well.
- Moving boxes are requested from Duplicating Services. Printing Services Request Form
- The contents of all shelves and furniture (including contents of file cabinets) must be packed in boxes.
- Please label all boxes with the following:
- Name of individual
- Name of building individual is moving into
- Room number items are to be moved to
Facility Services moving crew will move all labeled items to include furniture. Information Services staff will move all equipment, computers, printers, phones.
Unpacking and positioning of moved items in new quarters will be the responsibility of individuals being moved.
It is requested that a minimum of a two week notice is given when requesting the relocation of staff.
Please download, fill out and return the attached relocation form.
Please note any special equipment such as fax machines, networked/shared printers need to be listed at the bottom of the relocation form.