Transfer Your Financial Aid

How to Transfer Your Financial Aid to Purdue Northwest

Your financial aid from your previous college or university will not automatically transfer to Purdue Northwest.

Complete the following steps to apply for financial aid:

  1. Notify your prior school Registrar’s Office you will no longer be attending.
  2. Notify your prior school Financial Aid Office you will no longer be attending and request cancellation of any financial aid that has not already paid.
    • Your aid will be reviewed to ensure the Federal and State annual limits are not exceeded. Aid changes at your prior school may result in a revision to your financial aid at Purdue Northwest.
  3. Update your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by adding the Purdue Northwest Federal School Code (001827). Once our school code is added, we will receive your financial aid information within 3 to 5 business days.
  4. Change your first-choice college for your Indiana State Aid awards by going to ScholarTrack. Once changed, your state grant eligibility will be calculated.

Information on transfer credit and Admissions can be found at Transferring Credits.

For students no longer enrolled at Purdue Northwest:

If you are planning to transfer to another institution or withdrawal from Purdue Northwest, notify the Office of Financial Aid, the Registrar’s Office and the Bursar’s Office. If you borrowed Federal student loans, you must complete Loan Exit Counseling.