Completing Loan Entrance Counseling
Use the tutorial below to assist you with completing your Loan Entrance Counseling, which is required for a Federal Direct Loan.
- Go to Studentaid.gov
- Click the blue Log In button
- Enter your Username and Password (your FSA ID)
- Read the Warning information and click on Accept
- Hover over the Complete Aid Process dropdown and click on Complete Entrance Counseling
- Read the information including What do I need? and then click on Start
- Select INDIANA under Choose a state and PURDUE UNIVERSITY NORTHWEST under Search school by name (enter Purdue University Northwest for either the Hammond or Westville campus) and click on Notify this School.
- Select the Student Type (Undergraduate or Graduate or Professional) and click the Continue button.
- The Counseling Session consists of 5 sections: Understand Your Loans, Manage Your Spending, Plan to Repay, Avoid Default and Finances: A Priority
- Read the information on each page.
- Answer the Check Your Knowledge questions in each section.
- The correct answer will be displayed for you.
- Once all questions are answered on the page, click the Continue button.
- You can monitor your progress using the list located on the right section of the screen.
- Once completed click on Submit Counseling
- Note: Your loan entrance counseling is not complete unless you click Submit Counseling
- This will take you to the Entrance Counseling Summary and you will receive a confirmation of successful completion. You can print a copy of your Entrance Counseling Summary.
- Click Logout to finish your session