Return to Scholarship Database Search
Scholarship Fund Info
- Scholarship Title
- Barbara Bell Blake Pre-Veterinary Scholarship
- Scholarship Application
- The application deadline has passed. The application for the 2024–2025 academic year will open October 1, 2023
- Application Deadline
- May 8, 2023
- Application Type
- This specialty scholarship requires a separate application. Even if you've already applied for a PNW admissions scholarship, you need to submit a separate application to be eligible.
- Minimum College GPA
- Minimum High School GPA
- Minimum Enrollment Hours
- Grade Level
- Other Requirements
Applicant must be enrolled in or about to enter their senior year when they apply. Student must be enrolled in the biology program with the intent to become a veterinary, be a domestic student, and demonstrate financial need. Scholarship is renewable for one year. Student must be from LaPorte County or Porter County, Indiana.
Additionally, candidates must:
- Be employed by, mentoring with, or otherwise engaged with a veterinarian in the area; and/or
- Have a leadership role in a community and/or PNW organization.
This scholarship was established in March 2012 by Barbara Bell Blake to support undergraduate students who intend to become veterinarians.