PNW offers a variety of fitness membership options and passes for alumni, employees and FREE memberships for all students.
Student Memberships are free! You must be enrolled in classes in order to have access to the Hammond and Westville Fitness Center. You must provide your PNW student ID at the check-in desk!
- Students: Student memberships are free. You must be enrolled in classes in order to have access to the Hammond and Westville Fitness Center. You must provide your PNW student ID at the check-in desk!
- Employees, retirees and spouses: Memberships are available starting at $35 per semester for both part-time and full-time employees and their spouses, as well as PNW retirees.
- Non-benefits eligible employee: Part-time faculty and staff at PNW can purchase a Fitness Center membership on a semester-by-semester basis or for the entire year. Proof of employment at PNW is required.
- Alumni: This membership is for former graduates of Purdue University Calumet and North Central. Quarterly or yearly memberships are available for purchase. Proof of being a graduate of Purdue Calumet, Purdue North Central or Purdue Northwest is required.
- Non-PNW student home for holiday break: Students from other colleges or universities who live in the geographic area and are home for Christmas/holiday break may utilize the PNW fitness center for the weeks they are home. College or University ID is required at the time of membership purchase.
- Non-PNW student home for summer or internship: Students attending other colleges or universities who live in the geographic area may use the PNW Fitness Center. Additionally, students from another school who are interning in the area and/or living in university housing may purchase a summer membership. College or University ID is required at the time of membership purchase.
- Daily guest pass (sponsored): This pass is for Fitness Center members who wish to bring a guest to work out in the Fitness Center. The pass can be purchased by the sponsoring member or the guest; however, the guest must be accompanied by the Fitness Center member when accessing the Fitness Center. Guests must be 16 years of age or older.
- One week pass: This membership is for the public or community members who wish to work out in the Fitness Center for one week or 7 consecutive calendar days from the date of purchase. Individuals must be 16 years of age or older to purchase this pass.
- 10 visit punch pass: This allows public or community members to work out in the Fitness Center 10 times regardless of the number of days or weeks it takes to accumulate 10 visits. This pass is good for those who think that purchasing a one month membership may not give them enough time to accumulate 10 visits. Pass expires 6 months from purchase date.
- One month, three months and 1 year memberships: Individuals must be 16 years of age to purchase any of these memberships.
- Senior memberships: Individuals must be 65 years of age. Proof of seniors status is required. Senior memberships are available in increments of one month, three months and 1 year.
Fitness Center Reimbursement Program
We offer variety of programs and services to assist employees with better total wellness. PNW faculty and staff of all ages and abilities gain awareness, knowledge, skills, and motivation that promote a healthy lifestyle.
Employee Wellness will give PNW benefits-eligible employees and their spouses each a $30 reimbursement on their PNW Annual Fitness Center membership if they have participated in the annual wellness screening service provided by Employee Wellness or have gotten their annual wellness/physical exam with a primary care provider.
To receive this discount, each PNW benefit-eligible employee or their spouse must:
- Have participated in either:
- A wellness panel at a PNW Employee Health Screening held on-campus or via a voucher* OR
- An annual wellness/physical exam with a primary care provider*
- Complete in full the PNW Employee Wellness Fitness Center Reimbursement Form for each individual.
- Submit a copy of your PNW Fitness Center Membership receipt and completed reimbursement form to PNW Employee Wellness via email, in-person or mail.
*Wellness Panel/Annual Exam must occur in the same calendar year as PNW Fitness Center Membership purchase.
PNW Employee Wellness Addresses
- Email: PNW Employee Wellness (email@example.com)
- Campus Mail: SWRZ 25
- US Mail: Purdue University Northwest, Attn: Employee Wellness, 1401 S US Hwy 421, Westville, IN 46391
- In-person Drop-off: Schwarz Hall (SWRZ), room 25, Westville Campus, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm CST
The reimbursement is paid to the PNW employee in the form of either an automatic payment into their bank accounts listed for payroll or a paper check mailed to the address on the form. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing reimbursement.
- PNW Employee Wellness Fitness Center Reimbursement Form
- PNW Employee Health Screening information
- PNW Fitness Center webpage