STEM on the Road
Students engaging students to build interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
STEM on the Road is a peer-to-peer outreach event where PNW students share engineering vehicles and research demonstrations with interested high school students. Approximately three hours, these events highlight the types of hands-on learning featured at Purdue University Northwest.
What Can Students See?
- Formula SAE vehicles
- Mini-Baja vehicles
- Electric vehicles
- Human exploration rover vehicles
- Biology research
- Chemistry research
- Physics research
- Forensics research
Our event is usually set up so that we can work with specific STEM-oriented classes as well as students on their lunch break or in their passing period. We typically support eight events a year, four per semester.
Learn More About STEM on the Road
- September 23, 2022 – Calumet New Tech High School
- October 21, 2022 – Lake Central High School
- November 18, 2022 – East Chicago Central High School
- January 27, 2023 – Morton High School
- February 24, 2023 – Joseph Block Middle School
- March 24, 2023 – Whiting High School/Middle School
Interested in STEM on the Road?
The Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 STEM on the Road events are full. If your High School/Middle School is interested in securing a future date, please contact us soon.
Contact STEM on the Road coordinator Maged Mikhail at (219) 989-2471 or STEMconnections@pnw.edu
STEM on the Road is organized by PNW’s College of Engineering and Sciences and College of Technology.