Indiana Master Naturalist
Registration for the Fall 2022 session has closed. Keep an eye on our website for updates regarding future IMN programs.
Learn about Indiana’s natural resources from flowers to frogs and dunes to swamps. Understand how diverse and unique the Great Lakes region truly is. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a love for the outdoors who is wishing to expand their knowledge of plants, wildlife and other natural resources in Indiana. Each week a new topic is presented by expert(s) of the respective fields. A few may lead class outdoors- time and weather permitting. Upon completion of the nine week course, students are required to volunteer 30 hours to become certified Indiana Master Naturalists through the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.
$75 arboretum members/ $100 non-members
Maximum 25 participants
Fall 2022 Program
Classes will meet every Wednesday evening from 6 to 9 PM from August 31st-October 26th
- 8/31/22 People and Natural Resources Johnathan Rowe, Gabis Arboretum
- 9/7/22 Entomology Dr. Desiree Robertson, NPS
- 9/14/22 Herpetology Dr. Spencer Cortright, IUN
- 9/21/22 Ornithology Dr. Laurie Eberhardt, VU
- 9/28/22 Trees John Bachmann, PNW
- 10/5/22 Wildflowers Maddie Grimm
- 10/12/22 Water Glen Major
- 10/19/22 Geology Dr. Erin Argyilan, IUN
- 10/26/22 Final Exam