Trail of Scarecrows is an annual competition for K-5 school groups or scout groups. Students work together to create a scarecrow based on book themes or characters. This year’s theme: FRIENDSHIP!
It’s easy to participate:
- Review the Guidelines and submit a registration form
- Read a book with your class with a FRIENDSHIP theme
- Build a scarecrow representing the book or a character in the book and write an essay about the scarecrow
- Drop off scarecrow by September 30
- Visit the arboretum during the month of October to see your scarecrow and essay on display. Arboretum visitors will vote on their favorite throughout the month.
- Attend an awards ceremony on October 26th- teachers and students will be given free admission passes to attend. The three scarecrows with the highest number of votes will win a prize!