More than 1,000 Purdue Northwest students received donor-funded scholarships last year!
This year, we asked our students to join us in saying, “Thank you” to those generous donors.
Students had the opportunity to create a short video expressing their gratitude to the donors of Purdue Northwest.
The top three videos have been selected and now you can vote for your favorites! Each video is available on this page or by visiting the Purdue Northwest YouTube Channel. After you have viewed each video, cast your vote by logging into YouTube to “like” your favorite. PNW Students can use their career account credentials to log-in to YouTube.
Voting is open through the end of the day on April 25, 2018. Winners will be announced on April 26, 2018.
Video content should display creativity, spirit, and adhere to basic messaging requirements. But, that method of messaging is up to you. Message requirements are:
- Explanation of the impact private support has on Purdue University Northwest students
- Demonstrate appreciation for the donors who have supported Purdue University Northwest
- Reference to “Leo” or PNW lion mascot
- Inclusion of the phrase: “Day-of-Giving”
- End your video with Purdue Northwest branding
Submissions will be accepted until April 9, 2018. Each entrant must be the original author of all parts of the video or submit an author’s express, written permission to use copyrighted material. If the video is the work of two (2) or more people, one (1) person will act as the principal for the submission of the video and acceptance of any prize. Each entrant must have the consent of all parties displayed and/or heard in the video to enter this contest. Students are responsible for any production costs associated with their video.
- Entrants must be currently enrolled students
- Entrants can submit multiple entries, there is no limit
- Submissions can be in any style of film or video, including, but not limited to, animation, drama, still art, imagery, comedy or documentary
- Film and video submissions may not contain credits or other references to those who worked on them because judges will initially evaluate each submission without knowing who created it
- Submissions must be one (1) to two (2) minutes in length
- Submissions must be in English
- Submissions must reflect the diversity of Purdue Northwest students
- Submissions cannot contain nudity, profanity, or other content deemed in bad taste
- Only music that is available from the YouTube Audio Library may be used
- By submitting a video, you are agreeing to the terms described in the section labeled “The Fine Print”
Prizes will be given to the first, second, and third place winners. These places will be determined by the video that receives the most “likes” on Youtube.
The Fine Print
- By submitting the entry, Entrant represents and warrants that the video and all content in the video (the “Work”) is Entrant’s own, original, unpublished work (this includes any script and soundtrack) or that the Entrant has obtained all necessary licenses to use the works of third parties. In addition, the entrant verifies that the only music featured is from the YouTube Audio library. Upon the request of Purdue University Northwest, Entrant will provide Purdue University Northwest with all documents evidencing Entrant’s ownership of all elements of the Work, including any executed licenses and releases.
- Entrant hereby irrevocably conveys, transfers and exclusively assigns to Purdue University by and through Purdue University Northwest (“Purdue University Northwest”) all rights, title and interests in and to the Work submitted for the Purdue University Northwest Day of Giving Student Video Contest, including all copyrights in and to the Work. Entrant specifically grants Purdue University Northwest the rights to reproduce, market, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise commercially exploit the Work for use in Purdue University Northwest’s fundraising, advertising or promotional campaigns conducted by or on behalf of the Purdue University Northwest and any other Purdue University Northwest affiliated organizations.
- Entrant agrees and acknowledges that Purdue University Northwest shall have the right to obtain and exclusively hold, in its own name, and to license and assign to others all copyrights, which may be available for the video, in any and all media and/or formats.
- Entrant agrees to give Purdue University Northwest any and all assistance reasonably required to protect the Purdue University Northwest’s ownership and exclusive proprietary rights in and to the Work, including the execution of any instruments necessary to evidence, formalize and/or confirm Purdue University Northwest’s ownership of the Work and/or to execute any instruments required to register copyrights, assignment of copyrights and/or any other documents deemed reasonably necessary by Purdue University Northwest.
- Entrant warrants that the Work does not violate or infringe any copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party. Entrant will defend, indemnify and hold Purdue University Northwest, its officers, directors, agents, employees and affiliates harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and damages (including attorney’s fees) arising from or in connection with any claims that the Work infringes any patent, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party.