Summer Intern Housing
In May, June and July, we open the University Village community to college students around the world embarking on experiential learning opportunities in Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana.
We are eager to welcome summer interns to our community on the Hammond Campus for Summer 2020!
Application Priority Deadline
Friday, April 3, 5 p.m. (guarantee roommates!)
Last Day to Apply
Friday, May 1, 5 p.m.
$1,679.00 (May 17 to August 8)
- Be a current student at an accredited institution.
- Submit a letter of employment from the company/organization you are interning with, on company letterhead, with your start and end dates.
- Arrival/Departure dates must be between Sunday May 17 at 9 a.m. and Friday, August 7 at 5 p.m.
- ArcelorMittal Interns will be confirmed by AM’s Human Resources office.
- All decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and final determination of start and end dates will be made by the Department of Housing and Residential Education.
To apply for Summer Intern Housing, interns must:
- Complete the Summer Intern Housing Application: Summer Housing Intern Application (available February 3, 2020)
- Submit a Internship Site Confirmation Letter via the above Intern Application
- Submit an Immunization form (PDF) via the above Intern Application
- Submit/Pay your $20 Application Fee (non-refundable) via check/money order
- Submit/Pay your $200 Housing Deposit (refundable) via check/money order
After you have submitted your application, your housing status will be confirmed via email. Housing confirmation will begin during the week of May 4.
All rent payments and fees must be:
- Made in full before/on your move-in day
- If payment cannot be made on your move-in day due to a company stipend, you will be asked to set up a payment plan with our Business Manager before you can move in. Please make sure you understand how your stipend will be given/paid to you.
- Must be paid by check/money order* and mailed to our main office in Griffin Hall (address below). We cannot accept any credit cards.Attn: Summer Intern Application
2440 173rd Street
Hammond, IN 46323
*ArcelorMittal Interns will need to contact the their supervisor to confirm how payments will be made. Please email Jacqueline Chambers to let him know how payments will be made.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Summer Intern Housing payments, please contact our office, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 219-989-4150.
Helpful Intern Resources
- Move-in Day: Sunday, May 17, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Griffin Hall (to schedule a check in time after 1 p.m., please email Jacqueline Chambers (email@example.com)
- See the layout of our apartments!
- Want a specific roommate?
- Be sure to put their name on your application! If the request is not mutual, it cannot be honored so be sure to tell your friends to put your name down as well!
- Roommates requests are not guaranteed, housing will do their best to match you with others of similar interest based on your application.
- Wanna go to the Fitness Center during your stay? (Hammond Campus)
- Take the PNW Shuttle and see what the Midwest has to offer!
- Checkout our dining options!
- Download the PayRange App to use our laundry facilities!
- Here are some items you will need to bring with you:
- Shower curtain (required)
- Bathmat (required)
- Toilet paper
- lamp (if preferred)
- Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent (HE liquid only please)