Purdue University Northwest’s (PNW) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a means for employees and family members to receive help with personal or human problems, offering access to counseling and referral services that are confidential and professional.
- All benefits eligible employees, their spouse, and/or dependents, and immediate family members living in the home.
- Dependents up to age 26, not living in the home of the employee, are eligible if on the employee’s health insurance.
- Non-benefits eligible employees, retirees and students are not eligible.
- Starts first day of active employment.
- Eligibility runs through the last day of employment.
The New Avenues EAP is completely confidential. When you contact New Avenues, your name and the details of your request will not be reported to your employer or to anyone in your family. No one will know unless you choose to tell them, or unless you give New Avenues written permission to disclose certain information.
This confidential program allows up to 3 free sessions administered by New Avenues. The first EAP session begins with a comprehensive evaluation when the employee calls New Avenues and speaks with a representative. The New Avenues counselor considers individual needs when determining whether further sessions are needed. Employees have the choice of phone counseling sessions with a New Avenues representative or can be referred to a local New Avenues behavioral health provider for an office visit.
Any sessions scheduled after the first 3 free sessions will be billed to the employee’s insurance.
New Avenues hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (Central Standard Time) and Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm by calling 1-800-731-6501.
*For emergencies, a New Avenues care manager is on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week by calling 1-800-731-6501.